Extremely Early 53 Man Roster Projection

Home Forums Raiders Worldwide Forum Extremely Early 53 Man Roster Projection

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Quartermaster 1 year, 3 months ago. This post has been viewed 877 times

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Quartermaster
    Keymaster

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    QB (3) Carr, Mcgloin – experienced backup , Cook

RB (3): Murray, Washington, Jalen Richard

FB (1): Olawale. Marcel Reece suspension buys Raiders four weeks. ( will carry extra Te)

WR (5): Cooper, Crabtree, Roberts, Holmes, Mickens

TE (4): Walford, Smith, Ryan Omalley, Colton Underwood. The Raiders tried to trade Rivera- he isn’t long for roster. NGabe Holmes could beat out one of the last two Te’s listed. When Reece suspension over a Te is dropped.

OT (3) : Penn, Watson, Howard, ( Osemele ability to play Lt and Alexander ability to possible play Rt lessens need to carry McCants.

OG (4): Osemele, Jackson, Feliciano, Alexander. feliciano will battle Kirkland for final spot

C (2) : Hudson, Ross Burbank

DT (5) Williams, Ellis ,Ward , Orr, Latham

DE (4): Mack, Autry, , Edwards, Damontre Moore

OLB (4) Irvin, Calhoun, Ball, Cowser,

ILB (3): Heeney, Smith, James

CB (5) : Smith, Amerson, , Carrie, Edwards, McDonald

S (4): Joseph, Nelson, Allen, McGill

K (1): Jano

P (1): King

LS (1): Condo
    Point 1:
    There is a new rule regarding the IR this season. One of the players on IR – without having to designate which one – can return by week 9.

That new rule could impact who we gets dinged up yet stays on final 53 vs who gets IR’d and possibly returns.

Conner Cook for instance, had a shoulder injury that kept him out of the Seniuor Bowl:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports…lder/77920436/

I could see a possible “flare up” of that injury in August that lands Cook on IR. Then you have Carr and McLovin for the season. If Carr goes out, you can always sign a crappy veteran until Week 9 to activate Cook to bkp Matty McLovin.

Point 2:
    I agree that the writing is on the wall for McCants. He is pretty limited to RT bkp and we have two pretty decent players in Howard/Watson. And then there is Alexander of course.. who can play G or T. So what value is McCants “if” Watson is healthy? Not much.

Point 3:
    It’s justa gut feeling, But I think Oni Omoile works his way onto the final 53 as Hudson’s bkp. He would be a healthy inactive on gameday with Feliciano as the emergency bkp center. We’ll see how Omoile looks in preseason. He sopunds quick and strong like Hudson. Everything Feliciano is not.

Point 4:
    With the way we’ll be using Ward and MEJ, I do not see Norton wanting 5 pure DTs.

At NT/DT I see Williams, Ellis, Orr and a slight nod to Latham over McGee.
    At DE/3DT you have Autry, Ward, MEJ and maybe Iddings.
    At DE/OLB you have Mack, Irvin, DaMontre Moore, Calhoun.

Along with Autry and Orr last season, I think we’re see some longer, taller defensive linemen. Pretty sure the idea is that if opposing offenses try to go quick passing to counter our pass rush, then we can bat down passes and take away clear vision. Ellis is 6’2 and Williams if 6’3. Both do a good job stopping the run. The 6’5 guys w/longer arms rotate in on passing type situations. Right?

-Q

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO